Departure to Milan

Customs and import to Milan

Home > Expat Guides > Europe > Italy > Milan

Before moving their household goods from abroad to Italy, all foreigners must have certain Italian documents in order:

- codice fiscale (fiscal code number);
- permesso di soggiorno (stay permit);

If you are a member of the European Union, you don't really need to have other documents.

plus, for non-EU citizens:

- residenza (residency status certificate or receipt for request of one);
- nulla osta TV-radio (import authorization for TV and radio, if applicable); They must also have several copies of the inventory list.

When the above documentation cannot be produced, some moving companies can negotiate the payment of a bond so as to clear customs.

Update 11/11/2003


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Italy and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about customs and import to Milan, departure.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Stay connected

- My Life Abroad -
A selection of expat stories

"A fun compulsive read!"
J. Matcham, Amazon

"I strongly advise people ready to live abroad to read this book!"
Patrice, Amazon