Departure to Tel Aviv

Passport, Visa & Permits to Tel Aviv

Home > Expat Guides > Middle East > Israel > Tel Aviv

In order to travel to Israel you will need to be in possession of a passport valid for at least 6 months and a return ticket. If you are a citizen of one of the following countries you do not require a tourist visa to travel to Israel:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Central African Republic, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway , Panama, Paraguay, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovak Rep., Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, St Kitts & Nevis, Surinam, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, the United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu

It is possible to cross the border from Israel to Egypt and vice versa by bus or with a private car (taxis and rented cars are not allowed). The checkpoints are open daily at the following times:

Rafiah: 09.00 - 17.00 ( 50 km south west of Ashkelon)
Nitzana: 08.00 - 16.00 (60 km south west of Be'er Sheva)
Taba: 24 hours a day (just south of Eilat)

Special visa requirements may be necessary when travelling from Israel to Jordan or Egypt, consult the Israeli embassy in your home country for details.

The Hebrew word for immigration to Israel is Aliyah and the Law of Return states that every Jew has the right to come to Israel as an Oleh (immigrant) unless they are engaged in an activity directed against the Jewish people or are likely to endanger public health or the security of the State. A person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion is considered a Jew. A child and grandchild of a Jew, the spouse of a Jew, the spouse of a child of a Jew and the spouse of a grandchild of a Jew, except for a person who has been a Jew and has voluntarily changed his religion, also has the “right to return.” As an Oleh you will received many benefits upon arrival in Israel including income tax advantages in the first few years of your stay (see the Tax section for more details).

Update 4/07/2008


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Israel and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about passport, visa & permits to Tel Aviv, departure.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).