Public Services in Hong Kong

Emergency services in Hong Kong

Home > Expat Guides > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong

Here is a list of some emergency numbers:

  • Emergency Service (Police, Ambulance, Fire) : 999
  • General Police Enquiries : 2527 7177
  • Department of Health : 2961 8989
  • Hong Kong Tourism Board Visitor Hotline : 2508 1234
  • Weather Information : 187 8066
  • Overseas IDD and Cardphone Enquiries : 10013
  • RTKH's Service Hotline : 2272 0000
  • Consumer Council : 2929 2222
  • Hong Kong International Airport : 2181 0000
  • Directory Enquiries : 1081

Note that the dialling area for Hong Kong is 852 and of course you must always call your embassy/Consulate for an emergency in general.

Update 8/04/2010

Related articles:


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Hong Kong and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about emergency services in Hong Kong, public services.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Stay connected

- My Life Abroad -
A selection of expat stories

"A fun compulsive read!"
J. Matcham, Amazon

"I strongly advise people ready to live abroad to read this book!"
Patrice, Amazon