Find a Job in Hong Kong

Summer, seasonal and short term jobs in Hong Kong

Home > Expat Guides > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong

For that you may consider volunteer work (cf the right section), you can always contact your own consulate in Hong Kong if they can help you for a short term work, they always have some ads available.

Always best to look on some blogs or forums (starts with EasyExpat!) where people have been in the same position as you and might be able to help. If you know someone there, it’s even better obviously.

Try to get your network working for being in contact with someone already there. If you are a student you can always look up for getting a summer job in a university in Hong Kong (see right section for that) in your field by contacting some researchers there. They always have needs for summer job students.

You can find here an organisation which actually organizes summer internship programs to Hong-Kong: It is reserved for students though.

Summer jobs and vacancies in bars, hotels, restaurant, catering

A few doors to knock at and ask for any vacancies:

  • Vendors, sandwich shops, small shops
  • Waiting staff in bars and restaurants
  • Cleaning staff
  • Admin staff

Discount cards

A youth card or student card can offer you a lot of advantages abroad and is a recognition of your status. Two international cards will give you discounts and are essential for those taking a gap year or going backpacking:

  • ISIC card (International Student Identity Card): this is for any full-time student over 12 years old.
  • IYTC (International Youth Travel Card): if you are not a student, but are under 26, then this card is for you. IYTC has become internationally recognised as an identity card in 50 countries.

What the Cards offer:

  • Valuable discounts on air, travel, bus and ferry, transport and accommodation (gap year backpacking discounts).
  • Access to over 33,000 discounts in over 100 countries.
  • Reduced admission to museums, galleries and historic states.
  • Access to student travel organisations in over 90 countries.
  • 24 hour emergency, legal and medical help line services.
  • Basic sickness and accident travel insurance.
  • You can apply directly online to get the cards ( or by asking your University or youth centres
You will find information on voluntary jobs or internship abroad in our other articles on the left column of this page.

Update 8/04/2010


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Hong Kong and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about summer, seasonal and short term jobs in Hong Kong, find a job.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Stay connected

- My Life Abroad -
A selection of expat stories

"A fun compulsive read!"
J. Matcham, Amazon

"I strongly advise people ready to live abroad to read this book!"
Patrice, Amazon