At Work in Munich

Tax system in Munich

Home > Expat Guides > Europe > Germany > Munich

In Germany, taxes are taken straight out from your salary. Your company will pay the amount of your tax on your behalf.

Lohnsteuerkarte: This document is very important because it's used by your employer to calculate your tax.

You will get this document in September at your personal address and you will have to give it to your company. All information on you salary slip is stated, and the entire amount paid by your company.

You can deduct your moving fees when the reason for moving is professional.

  • Transport fees: all the costs generated for moving your personal belongings.
  • Travel fees: price that you spend to go to your new accommodation.
  • Double rent: If you have to pay a double rent in the meantime, you can deduct the old flat rent from your tax (maximum 6 months).

Don't loose you receipt, you will need them when you fill your tax form.



Update 2/04/2008


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Germany and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about tax system in Munich, at work.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).