There are a number of cinemas in Copenhagen to get your movie fix. All moves are screened in their original language with Danish subtitles. Below are some of the more popular cinemas.
- Cinemateket, Gothersgade 55, T 33743412. Three-screen complex that plays classic, foreign, documentary, art, short and alternative films, plus special children’s films.
- CinemaxX Fisketorvet, Fisketorvet Shopping Center, T 70101202. Ten-screen multiplex. Mostly Danish and American big releases.
- Dagmar Teatret, Jernbanegade 2, T 33143222. Five screens showing American and European films.
- Empire Bio, Guldbergsgade 29F, T 35360036. One of the best cinemas in Copenhagen. Four screens (largest is a 600-seater) showing mainly European and Danish releases.
- Gloria, Rådhuspladsen 59, T 33124292. Independent and bohemian. Charming one-screen (106-seater) cinema showing mainly independent American and European films.
- Grand Teatret, Mikkel Bryggers Gade 8, T 33151611. The city’s oldest cinema. Six screens showing European (mainly French, English and Scandinavian) and American ’serious’ films.
- Husets Biograf, Magstræde 14, T 33324077. Small (57 seats) and cosy art-house cinema showing indies.
- Imperial, Ved Vesterport 4, T 70131211. The city’s biggest and most expensive (60-85Kr).
- Palads, Axeltorv 9, T 70131211. Tickets 40-65Kr. The multi-coloured multiplex with 17 screens (biggest has 689 seats). Good range of American releases, from romantic comedies to action.
- Palladium, Vesterbrogade 1 C, T 70131211. Three-screen cinema popular with an ‘adult’ audience. Mainly big American and English films.
- Park Bio, Østerbrogade 79, T 35383362. Shows good variety of post-premier English and American movies, as well as a selection of foreign films.
- Posthus-Teatret, Rådhusstræde 1, T 33116611. The city’s best art-house offering good experimental European films.
- Vester Vov Vov, Absalonsgade 5, T 33244200. Two 70-seater screens with novel airplane seating complete with attached tables for beverages. Show a good range of European and American indies.
Put on your dancing shoes and head for the many night clubs in Copenhagen. Remember, plan to start late and stay up late. Clubs only start to fill up around midnight. Below is a link to the city’s most happening places.