Departure to Copenhagen

Preparing for your move to Copenhagen

Home > Expat Guides > Europe > Denmark > Copenhagen

When you decide to live abroad, you should inform your tax office of the change. Some tax authorities, including Inland Revenue, have special rules for people who are going to work abroad and will be out of the country for at least a complete tax year, enabling you to become non-resident for tax purposes with effect from the day that you leave the country.

If you keep an address in your previous country you can still pay your owed tax at term. The problem is different when you move your furniture.

Evidence of tax paid can be demanded. Whatever the situation, we strongly advise you to go to your local tax office and ask for details.

Update 15/09/2007


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Denmark and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about preparing for your move to Copenhagen, departure.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).