Easy Expat - International Relocation Portal: Move, Work, Live Abroad  Print



Can you study with the Erasmus Programme Outside of Europe?

The Erasmus Programme (EuRopean Community Action Scheme for the Mobility of University Students) allows for staff and students to transfer between learning institutions with full academic recognition of studies and qualifications, tuition waiver, and grants. Originally catering only to European people and programs, it has now expanded to cover other areas of the world.

How does the Programme work?

The Programme is open to higher education institutions and organisation active in the field of higher education and research, as well as to students, doctoral candidates, teachers, researchers and university staff from any part of the world.

Participating countries include:

Under Action 1 - Joint Programmes, Erasmus supports:

These are operated by consortia of higher education institutions from the EU and elsewhere in the world. They provide an integrated course and joint or multiple diplomas following study or research at two or more higher education institutions.

To apply, select the course that interests you from the program listings for masters or doctoral. Visit the partnership website to see which courses are available in which disciplines. Apply direct to the consortium via its website.

Erasmus funds scholarships for students and academics studying or teaching on Erasmus Masters Courses. Fellowships are also available for doctoral candidates following one of the Joint doctorates. Scholarships cover participation costs, subsistence costs, and insurance for the duration of the study period. Many students also have the right to a contribution to travel costs.

Return to previous page.