Australia: How can I bring my family with me?
Australian citizens and permanent residents (as well as New Zealand citizens) may sponsor eligible family members for permanent resident visa status. The regulations are strict and waiting periods can extend for more than 10 years under certain circumstances. Visas for certain family member categories are subject to capping and queuing, or imposed limits with waiting periods for applications received after category limits have been reached.
Family Migration Stream Visa Categories NOT Subject to Capping and Queuing
- Partner (subclasses 309/100 and 820/801) temporary and permanent visas
- Child (subclasses 101 and 802) visas
- Dependent Child (subclass 445) visas
- Orphan Relative (subclasses 117 and 837) visas
- Adoption (subclass 102) visas
Family Migration Stream Visa Categories Subject to Capping and Queuing
Return to previous page.
Copyright dotExpat Ltd © 2020. All rights reserved.
- Prospective Marriage (fiancé) (subclass 300) visas
- Aged Dependent Relative (subclasses 114 and 838) visas
- Remaining Relative (subclasses 115 and 835)
- Carer (subclasses 116 and 836) visas
- Parent (subclasses 103, 143, 173, 804, 864 and 884) visas