Forum Portugal

Forum of expats in Portugal: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Which area in Algarve to choose for a small hotel?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Adreamer, May 6, 2016.

1. Adreamer

Adreamer New Member

Living In:
    Norway
    Nationality:
    Norwegian (NO)
    Languages:
    English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish
    Hello all.

Some Canadian friends and I are now discussing moving to the Algarve region and setting up a small vacation establishment.

We have not decided on a location yet, and are looking for the following criteria:
    - Charming setting, i.e. not in a sterile downtown or residential area
    - Access to one or more of: local restaurants, coffee shops, bars and the like
    - Interesting surroundings: historical sites and/or nice places for nature hikes
    - Reasonable access to transport that is not daunting to tourists. We’re assuming most will come via Faro.

We're thinking of not competing with the facilities that primarily cater to the beach crowd. (Assuming property prices close to the beach come at a premium)

We’re planning a scouting visit to Algarve soon, but where should we start looking for such places? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    PS! I hope this does not end up as a double posting, but my first attempt has not shown up 6+ hours after I pressed Submit.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com

Yes, visiting the place is the best thing to get thing moving. In addition to the forum, you may find information with our expat bloggers living in the area. See here: http://www.blogexpat.com/en/dir/portugal/algarve.htm

Best of luck and see you soon on the forum :wave:
    PS: You message went into the moderation box so it took a bit more time to get approved. Not to worry about it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...