Forum Madrid

Forum of expats in Madrid: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Where to watch premier league in madrid?

Discussion in 'Madrid' started by Ratomir, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Ratomir

Ratomir New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Belgian (BE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, Nederlands, Francais, English, Italian
    OK, here is a real world problem. Where can I go and watch the UK premier league football competition on a large screen. Here are some clues how particular I am.

I would like a large screen, with good projector and proper signal - not streaming from some illicit site - and in an atmosphere of some human dignity.

What I found so far is:

Irish Rover, av/brasil - just far too far away from where I live and they stream from internet on tiny screens. Rarely does a UK match get screened on a large format.

O'Neills, c/principe - they do not always show the matches they advertise, general atmosphere where staff seem in stand by combat mode with very short fuses and a hostile social climate. The simplest question - in English or Spanish - gets you some abuse. Also plates and glasses extremely dirty.

James Joyce, c/alcala - small screens, for my taste too noisy and socially not a place where I can take the younger family members, as sometimes visitors seem warped on chemically induced enthusiasm.

So, where else could I go, please. Mostly to watch Arsenal, Everton and City and CL.
    Thanks

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...