Forum India

Forum of expats in India: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN 2 weeks in India

Discussion in 'India' started by shaaz143, May 5, 2012.

1. shaaz143

shaaz143 New Member

City:
    Colombo
    Living In:
    Sri Lanka
    Nationality:
    Sri lankan (LK)
    Languages:
    English,Malay, Tamil, Sinhala,
    I am going to India next winter (Jan - Feb) for 2 weeks. My idea is to fly to Delhi, then spend 4 days viewing temples and the Taj Mahal in Agra and then fly to somewhere in the South (possibly Kerela or Tamil Nadu?) for some beach and wildlife watching and a bit of winter sun.

Can anyone recommend any nice beaches or national parks which are good for walking and chilling out? I'm taking my mum who will want some home comforts so I'm not going to be slumming it in the budget hostels that I'm accustomed to.

Are the best beaches in the Andaman Islands or are there good ones on mainland India too? (As I'll be with my mum, I don't fancy Goa!)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sono.naveen

sono.naveen New Member

City:
    Delhi
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    Hindi, English, italian
  4. marklevy

marklevy New Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    english
    India is nice place to visit or spend your vacation . India is full of divine destination if you are planning to visit india than must go for rajasthan trip awesome place i'll advice you to go with yourtripadvise for tour package .

5. DelhiFoodTour

DelhiFoodTour New Member

City:
    New Delhi, India
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi
    4 days in Delhi, Agra are adequate. You can spend 2 days in Delhi, visit Agra in morning and come back by night. There isn't much to see in Agra except Taj Mahal. Agra fort is much like Delhi fort . You can try Fatehpur Sikri too. It's a nice place.
    Due to some historical reasons (about which I can't go in detail), there are not many temples in this area. You can try Akshardham, Lotus, Bangla Sahib GUrudwara and Birla temple in Delhi. Rest are just mughal mausoleums.

As far as wildlife parks are concerned, I'd suggest Jim Corbett and Kanha. Latter is near world famous Khajuraho temples and the place has much to see and explore. I personally loved the place. If interested in ancient Indian history and temples, you can also try Orchha.

Not much knowledge about beaches, but I've heard that Andaman island beaches are the best