Forum Ghana

Forum of expats in Ghana: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Volunteering in Ghana

Discussion in 'Ghana' started by texkourgan, Jul 30, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Volunteering in Ghana can be a great way to get to know a new culture and gain new skills. Volunteering can also be a great option for a following spouse that is not allowed to work.

Have you volunteered in Ghana? How long was your program? Did you set-up your own trip? How did you find your volunteer job? Is there a website or method you would recommend? Did you have to pay for the experience?

What activities did you do in your volunteer work? What skills/abilities did you learn? Were you able to use that experience to find a job or another opportunity?

Would you do it again? What advice would you give to other people interested in volunteering in Ghana?

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing information for others to follow in your footsteps!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tindana likes this.
  2. expatbyisa

expatbyisa New Member

City:
    Accra
    Living In:
    Ghana
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello everybody,
    I am a french girl expatriated in ghana 2 years ago. I am volunteer in an orphenage in Accra and I think it is really fantastic to give help time and love to children who have no family.
    I play with them, I teach them things, I dance with them and I hug them too!
    It is great to share love with them !
    I am also the 'nurse' to prepare the merdecines for those who have HIV treatment an I go to hospital once a month with them too.
    I try to find french expat in Accra and friends from France who want to give clothes, food, furniture and time also to spend with them or help in the administration part.

I will be pleased if you read and look at my blog part about the orphenage volunteer and share it also, maybe I will be given more thanks to you from other expat (friends of you) but not the french one I knowof course !
    my blog adress is expatbyisa.wordpress.com
    Thanks for them
    isabelle

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello expatbyisa and welcome to EasyExpat.com.

For your blog, you should register on BlogExpat.com, our directory of expat webistes: http://www.blogexpat.com/en/dir/ghana.htm (and you coud also put a picture in your profile, it is nicer for the messages ;-) )

See you soon on the forum :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...