Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Visa rejection - new passport?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by globalresident, Jun 8, 2007.

1. globalresident

globalresident New Member

City:
    UK
    Someone I know had 2 rejections (for visit to UK as tourist) stamped on the back of his passport. He's a non-visa national and he's now scared to visit anywhere else in case he's grilled by about the rejection stamps.

Would he be better off applying for a new passport? The old one could be 'accidentally' destroyed in the washing machine - or is that too naive?

2. globalresident

City:
    UK
    I can't believe there are 39 viewings and no opinion! Pls let me know what you think so I can pass the info on. Thanks.

3. Kaitain

Kaitain Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Your question doesn't make a lot of sense: let me try to understand a bit better...

... "someone you know" has been rejected for a visa to enter the UK, and he is worried that he cannot now travel to any other country without facing questions about his rejection... from other countries?

The answer is quite obviously no: other countries have different requirements for entry. Perhaps Ireland might take an interest, since they have a passportless border with the UK for British and Irish citizens.

Take a look: German (Schengen) visa application form. No mention of third country visa refusals - only 3rd country visa awards:
    http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/l ... =Daten.pdf

Chinese visa: pay your money, get a visa.
    http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/l ... 818237.pdf

US Embassy: they're interested in criminal records, though I've no idea how they'd actually verify that you have or have not a criminal background. They're not, however, interested in any country but themselves.
    http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/vi ... ronic.html

The "someone you know", however, should be aware that he will face questions on entering the UK regardless of whether he changes passport or not, should he be issued a visa in the future. The UK's visa records are one of the few British Govt. IT projects that does work, and they don't actually look for stamps. I should caution always to be open and honest about past visa rejections.

4. gumdum

gumdum New Member

Hmm well friend of mine be told the same .. he been refused entry to UK and since that having problems few British embassy refused to accept application just because of the stamp ...

Also entering the other courtiers especially schengen caused him a bit of problems ..they insisted on stricter conduction than are normally applied .
    a lot of application contain a such " have u ever been rejected entry by ..."

And also past few years there be the "gap " in British system when refused people just change passport and easily get into ..They keep saying it has changed....

5. globalresident

City:
    UK
    Thanks for responding. 2 UK visitor visa rejections are bound to interest any immigration officer, esp. when the person is supposed to be a non-visa national. The 7 hour ordeal at Heathrow airport was enough to put said person - first time traveller - off travelling abroad in case of another grilling in another country.

6. thirtyfive

thirtyfive Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    Can someone tell me why a non visa national needs a visa to come to the UK as a Tourist?

7. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    It doesnt need a visa.
    This forum is informative and in good spirit.

We dont know the whole story!
    Please ,we dont want to jump to any conclusions.

8. thirtyfive

thirtyfive Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    Please do not get me wrong here, I am a non visa national myself I just want to know. For me I just buy a ticket and come that is all maybe some countries are different.

9. foreignqueen

foreignqueen Member

however you did mention that'he' is a non visa national ....if he is a non visa national then wouldnt be applying for a UK visa would he?

10. foreignqueen

foreignqueen Member

this is such a novice reply you forget that ECO's are human beings themselves and have perceptions....

11. katherined

katherined New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    I need help with this too! Thanks. BTW, if anyone needs to fill out a schengen visa application form, I found a blank form here http://pdf.ac/6LC3B