Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Visa for spain

Discussion in 'Spain' started by 0, Aug 25, 2003.

1. 0

0 Guest

Hello, hope you can help me. I am a UK citizen. My wife is brazilian, we have been living and working in the UK for the last couple of years. My wife is still on a married visa and applied 6 months ago for permanant visa for UK. The Home Office have indicated that this would not be looked at until December at the earliest!!! (Some service).
    Unfortunately, we cannot wait that long and intend in the next month to move to Spain and work as English teachers. So she will recall her passport and have just the (expired) married visa. We do not intend to return to the UK.
    MY QUESTION IS, will she have the same work rights/right of abode as myself?
    We are applying online for numerous positions through an excellent website for TEFL jobs (TEFL.com) but they state 'EU preferred' which effectively rules her out.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    David

2. alice

alice Member

Hi,
    I am not sure what you would have to do exactly in terms of legalizing your wife's stay in Spain ... But I have run across a website that seems to say explicitly that Non-EU spouses have the same rights as EU spouses in terms of residency and work. It is in Spanish, however:

http://asesores.com/extranjeros/comunit ... hengen.htm

I hope this helps!
    Alice

'Los ciudadanos de la Unión Europea tienen, a todos los efectos, los mismos derechos y deberes que la Constitución Española otorga a los españoles.

Para que un ciudadano comunitario se dé de alta en seguridad social, ni siquiera necesita el permiso de residencia comunitario. Puede hacerlo con su pasaporte comunitario, empezar a trabajar, y luego, con tranquilidad, obtener el permiso de residencia comunitario, para posteriormente comunicar a la seguridad social y a hacienda, su número de NIE, (número de identificación de extranjero).

Pero hay que tener en cuenta que en España, para realizar cualquier acto con trascendencia tributaria, los extranjeros tienen que tener asignado su correspondiente número de identificación fiscal, o número de identificación de extranjero (el NIE). Así que si un comunitario viene a España, puede hacer lo que quiera, pero al realizar cualquier transacción con trascendencia tributaria (como cobrar un sueldo), tiene que sacarse el NIE obligatoriamente.

Asimismo, si un extranjero está casado con un comunitario, tiene en ese momento, los mismos derechos que un comunitario. Es lo mismo casarse con un español, que con un comunitario.'

3. Michael

Michael Member

David,

>you asked: MY QUESTION IS, will she have the same work rights/right of abode as myself??

Answer is yes: ONLY IF she has successfully applied for her residencia Communitario, which is the same residencia card as you.

In order for her to get it, there are requirements and paperwork she has to go through. Check with Gestoria, and forum in this section.

There has been some discussions here.

Michael

4. 0

0 Guest

hello sir
    i want to do visit for spain.
    let me know how i apply for this and from where i got application forms.
    i belongs to pakistan.
    Also my two brothers have already spanish nationality.
    what is requirement for mine
    yours sincerely
    kashif

5. 0

0 Guest

dear sir/madam,
    i am writting to ask some information for how to get the visa to spain.
    firstly, i am a chinese girl and now i study in the uk.in the october ,i'd like to vist the spain.however i have not made the visa yet.secondly,my term of validity for uk will until this november.i do not know wether i can get the visa to go to spain.finally, i would be greatful if you inform me how i can get the application form.
    thank you in advance for your help
    i am looking forward to hearing from you.
    your sincerely
    jing xu

6. 0

0 Guest

Ciao,

My wife and I would like to live and work in Spain for a few years. She has a degree in english from a school in california. I am a carpenter/woodworker/cabnet maker. I beleive I may have found a job with a small construction company in spain. Were do I go to begin the process of applying for a work visa and residency permit.

Thank you from San Francisco,

Tyson

7. 0

0 Guest

look my dear
    u can not go there coz it is just for men
    and it seems that u r not
    thank u
    i hope i will not see u again