Forum Immigration UK

Community of expats Immigration UK: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

  Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

  Advanced search  - Search the whole website

 User's Charter

Stay connected

Venezuelan with expired permanent residency card URGENT!

Forum General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.: General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.

Venezuelan with expired permanent residency card URGENT!

Postby CocoaBean » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:52 am

I hope you can help me. I am Venezuelan but got my permanent residency card in 2007. I've been living, studying and working in the UK for 16 years now, have been married to a British citizen for 5 years and have a British-born daughter. I am in urgent need of flying to Italy in the next 2 months but have realised that despite having permanent residency, the card in fact expired in February this year and I am unsure as to wether I would be allowed to fly out of or into the country in my position. I would be flying both ways with my husband and daughter, however after someoeoblems with the Venezuelan counsulate, my passport still has my maiden name rather than married name. If it would help at all, of course I'd fly with out marriage certificate, council tax bills under my name etc. I have spoken to different people at the home office and they have all given me conflicting information, we tried going through a solicitor but they couldn't help us find the answer in the end. So far I am petrified that I won't be able to fly or that if I do, I won't be let back in the country.

I hope someone can help, thank you very much in advance.

Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:32 am
Nationality: Venezuela (ve)
Gender: Female
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English, Español

Re: Venezuelan with expired permanent residency card URGENT!

Postby Cyrilexpat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 pm

In any case, you would need a EU Schengen visa I think to go to Italy as the UK is not member of the Schengen area.

And your second problem might be to come back to the UK if you don't have permanent residency anymore (I mean they have to renew the card...). :?
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
User avatar
Posts: 8162
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am
City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Gender: Male
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)


  • Related topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers
International Movers
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move.
Expatriate health insurance
Expatriate health insurance
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Find accommodation
Find accommodation
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.