I've decided after working in the UK for 3 years that I'm going to leave teaching, which would make getting a different job in the UK VERY difficult. My partner and I have decided we'll get married so that we have easier options for our future.
I've filled out all the paperwork for a Certificate of Approval (and will send it off as soon as I come back from a school trip to Germany!) and I meet their 3 months left requirement for the COA.
However, my teaching contract will run out August 31. If we're hoping to marry early July and then go back to the US late July to celebrate with friends and family, is it best to stay there for a few weeks and apply for the spouse visa?
I'm hoping there won't be a problem switching from a work visa to a spouse visa, even though I'll only have a month left on my contract... My work visa is actually for 3 more years, but I will no longer be working at the place issued a permit so I assumed it would be void.
I originally thought I could go home to the US, hang out with family for a few weeks and then travel back to the UK and apply for a spouse visa over here, but I don't think that's going to work.....
I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks before looking for a job this summer.
Any advice/suggestions/experience would be very helpful!!