Forum Travel

Forum of expats Travel: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Travel to Calpe

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Marta GP, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Marta GP

Marta GP New Member

2. Humpakistani

Humpakistani New Member

City:
    karachi
    Living In:
    Pakistan
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    english urdu
  3. Margaret31

Margaret31 New Member

City:
    ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, my wife and I intend visiting hte Costa Blance in Mid June , havent decided where to base ourselvs yet but we both like what we can see of Calpe and denia. She loves a sandy beach and soaks up the sun.. I like walking and we both like nice restaurants. We have rented a car so will be mobile. Also are there nice villages to visit away from the tourist areas?

4. Jack03

Jack03 New Member

City:
    NY
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    We went there for 2 weeks holidays last summer and loved it.
    Its a very family orientated spot, Most bars restaraunts closed before 1am and if you wanted any nightlife you had to venture into the old part of the town.
    The beach was fantastic, and very safe for kids with a few pedal boats and kyaks for hire at very resonable rates.
    there was an even split in numbers of germans, french , dutch and spainish and english speaking tourists, although there were very few Irish there.
    Its about an 1 and quarter hrs drive from the airport and although our transfers were included in our holiday there is a public bus that goes from the airport to calpe.
    There is a locla bus service that runs from one end of Calpe to the other and a very big open market that runs on a Saturday Morning, there are also plenty of large supermarkets and the price of food was very reasonable.
    If its a quite relaxing sabbatical you are looking for then calpe is the place as although its close to benidorm, Its nothing like it, I don't think I noticed any disturbances or rowdiness once while we were there.
    There is a wide range of restaurants with reasonable prices for all tastes. I did not see any bars as such as most seemed to be restaurants with a small abr although there are suppose to be some nighclubs in the old part of the town.