Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN UK woman wants to marry Pakistani man in UK on student visa

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by daphnedudu67, Apr 21, 2013.

1. daphnedudu67

daphnedudu67 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi I would like to ask some questions and get some help.

I'm really worried. I'm in love with Pakistani man. I'm English though Italian mother, English father though born and brought up in UK.

My Pakistani boyfriend is here on a student visa for past 3 years and has another 2 half years on this visa which has just recently been renewed.

As part of the condition for having student visa he has to attend college 3 days a week and is only allowed to work 20 hours per week.

We've been told by his lawyer that if we wanted to get married I would have to sponsor him and as I have 2 children it would mean me showing that I earn just under £25,000 which is simply impossible because I earn no where near this sum. I want to marry this man. What can we do? We want to marry and live here. This is such a desperate and awful situation.

Can we begin by marrying in a Registry Office in the first instance and does it have any validity? Can anyone tell me the steps to take as I don't know where to start or what to do. I've never even been married before myself.

Someone please please help us with some useful information. I would be so grateful. Thank you

Shumail Qamar likes this.
  2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. daphnedudu67

daphnedudu67 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Thank you texkourgan..

I will look at those sites.. I have also been given a website which I'm going to look into

It's http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/ THE OFFICE OF THE IMMIGRATION SERVICES COMMISSIONER.. for people seeking immigration advice..

I hope something can be done.. my boyfriend told me just this morning that he can't see a way of staying here with me and is going to go back to Pakistan asap and just look after his parents.. There has to be a way around this ridiculous rule.. He is working and studying only and has no life outside of this.

I feel that my life and my own destiny are being dictated to by my own government.. 1984 George Orwell .. it's all so true.. Big Brother dictates.. We will have tv's in each room one day watching our every move.. dictating our every action and thought..

I don't understand why his wages can't be taken into account as well as mine and any savings because this would make it a lot easier and his family are well off too.. and would help.

4. smithuk

smithuk Member

City:
    Burnley, England, UK
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    I was in same situation. i loved Russian girl. On that time rules was well. I could did court married easily. But now rules have changed not you only many people here are facing this problem. I red your question yesterday, i was thinking about your question with long time delay. So I got one idea. I searched on google about your problem. So i find many sites. But one of the sites give the complete information about your problem. They company have best solicitors who teach our client like a best friend and also give our client best option. You will can read better about that in this webpage: http://www.clearwatersolicitors.co.uk/immigration/

5. jonsonmorris

jonsonmorris New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    British Immigration rules have been changed recently. So, if you want to get marriage with your Pakistani boyfriend who is holding a student visa it may cause trouble for him. As a Pakistani his visa can be dismissed for break up the rule of immigration.

6. Shumail Qamar

Shumail Qamar New Member

City:
    Sialkot
    Living In:
    Pakistan
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English Urdu
    I can help you +923127983186