Forum Andorra

Forum of expats in Andorra: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice The Best Areas to Live in Andorra

Discussion in 'Andorra' started by texkourgan, Aug 2, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    It can be difficult to find the best place to live in a new city. This is even more difficult for an expat who is not familiar with the country and culture. So where is the best place to live in Andorra ?

What do you look for in a neighborhood? What do different neighborhoods offer? What area would you recommend based on:
    - Schools
    - Transportation
    - Access to shops and groceries
    - Nightlife and Activities

Where do you live? What do you like about it? Are there any dangerous areas? Are some areas more affordable?

Thank you in advance for your contribution. This is a very common question for expats moving to Andorra and your help is much appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wise-a

wise-a New Member

City:
    Escaldes Engordany
    Living In:
    Andorra
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, Catalan
    Hi Tex,

I recently moved to Andorra and ended up choosing Escaldes. It's kind of the "city" of Andorra as Andorra la Vella and Escaldes-Engordany is joined.

I read a lot before visiting and didn't think it would be the right place but as it turns out I loved the community atmosphere, being able to walk to everything I need and it's not anywhere near as busy as I expected.