Forum Hungary

Forum of expats in Hungary: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Hungary for Work: What documents are needed?

Discussion in 'Hungary' started by DeletedUser, Aug 26, 2017.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

Hi to all!
    I found a job in Budapest. I'll move with my family on August 31st.
    I will start working on September 11th.
    To sign the employment contract, the employer asks me for tax code and health card.
    To get these two documents what is needed? It appears that residence registration is required.
    For the registration of residence, it seems that the employment contract is necessary.
    It looks like a vicious cycle!
    What do you suggest me to do?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Antonio

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com.
    Tax code is necessary for you new company to run their payroll. However I assume that as you are new to the country, initially the company/administration should be able to assign a temporary Tax Code until you receive your definitive Tax Code for the year.
    You will find some information on taxes in our guide.

I should be link with the social security system and you will find a point of contact in our article here: http://www.easyexpat.com/en/guides/hung ... curity.htm

In summary, the employer should be able to draft the contract with temporary tax code and you can use the contract to get residency etc. Once you are settled, you should request a definitive tax code that you will provide to the employer.

Best of luck and keep us informed on your finding :thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...