Forum Denmark

Forum of expats in Denmark: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Marriage in Denmark

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by bride2010, Dec 14, 2010.

1. bride2010

bride2010 New Member

Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    Belgian (BE)
    Languages:
    english
    Hey all,
    I need to share this positive experience with you, my fiancé and I have been trying to get married for several years, but rules kept getting in the way for our marriage...

I am from Belgium and my fiancé is US - we almost gave up, but then a friend of mine told me that I should try ONE MORE TIME in Denmark.

At first I was skeptic, but decided to give it a try...and you know what - WE GOT MARRIED! and the whole process was les than 2 weeks from the first contact with our fantastic wedding planner [MOD: NO ADVERTISING ALLOWED !!!]

I can only imagine how many couples are in the same situation as we where, but don't loose hope - it can be happening.

Wish you all the best of luck - it is now time for OUR HONEYMOON <3<3<3

lots of love

Mrs. Carlton

2. mirandah

mirandah New Member

Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi there,
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to mail you...
    Can you share some extra info including the agence?
    You can always mail me.

Thank you,
    By the way I also live in Belgium :)

3. josie19

josie19 New Member

Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi!

Can you please also give me details on the requirements on how to have an easy marriage in dk? that it will nt be complicated with the requirements.
    by the way i am filipino and fiance is danish. please please...
    thank you

4. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    A good place to start for information on Denmark is the Guide to Copenhagen. It offers info on visas etc. However, it doesn't totally cover marriage requirements.

According to the Danish Marriage Act, you must:
    Be lawfully present in Denmark
    Documentation showing present marital status, i.e. copy of your last tax return
    Valid passport showing proof of entry into Denmark or into the Schengen area
    If you have been previously married, you must present your original divorce decree.

You should contact the Citizens Service Center (Borgerservice) http://www.kk.dk - http://www.kk.dk/ If you are planning to get married in Copenhagen, but you are not yet in Denmark, you may contact the Copenhagen City Hall

Let us know how it goes & if you have more questions. Congrats & good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. josie19

josie19 New Member

Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    english
    hi! ty for the reply.

in my case i am a filipino, i have a divorce certificate(shairiah court islam) from the NSO in their official paper and it has been authenticated in Red Ribbon by our DFA and authenticated(stamped) by the Danish Consulate in Manila.

i will be coming to dk on a schengen visa.

i hope i got receive further details.

thank you

6. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    How did it go? Were you able to successfully apply? I hope you were able to get everythign sorted out! It would be great if you could share your experience so others can learn more about the process.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Laiba

Laiba New Member

City:
    Kabul
    Living In:
    Afghanistan
    Nationality:
    Afghan (AF)
    Languages:
    English, Pushto , Urdu
    Yes Josie19...please share so I can also get some help.

Hi texkourgan n other members,

Im 36 years old from Afghanistan and an MBA by education. My Danish BF and I are planning our marriage in Denmark but we both are clueless. I applied for the Denmark tourist visa but it got rejected but I'll try again and I've some questions to discuss different options we both can have to get materialize our marriage. I've looked in Denmark Immigration website but still have some confusions. So Ive few questions and hopefully you can answer them.

1. What is the way to get married through attorney?...if I do not get the tourist visit visa to Denmark?...and as Afghanistan is not that safe to visit..so we'll not prefer to get married in Afghanistan..so what can be the best possibility to get married by living in our home countries?

2. If by any chance I get the tourist visa(which is difficult to get from here)and I go there and marry him...so I'll have to come back again to Afghanistan and wait for my PR or you can just keep living there until I get my PR?...(my concern is that lets say Ive been granted only 15 days in Denmark n in within those days I get married to him...n he may file of my PR but what if I dnt get my PR in within those 15 days?

2. Once we get married so Denmark government will be bound to give me PR?...are there any other requirements as well from my side or his side to fulfill other than the marriage certificate?

Please help me with my queries. I'll really appreciate the detailed answers with processing times required documents for each option.

Regards,

Laiba

8. sarah pop's

sarah pop's New Member

City:
    Barcelona
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi
    I'm also looking to get married in Denmark. But I nave no idea where to start or apply and how to go a about it . I'm English my fiancé is from Uruguay but we live in Spain . Any help would be very grateful.
    Congratulations to those who have managed to marry .

Thanks in advance Sarah

9. jinggay

jinggay New Member

Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    english filipino
    Hi,
    I need a little help here. I am here in Denmark, I come here yearly for three times to visit my fiance. We are planning to get married here but I am not annuled back home. In USA, if the woman is not annulled in the Philippines, they can always seek a lawyer’s help and file a divorce even if the ex husband will not sign or its called non-appearance divorce. can i possibly do it in Denmark? my bf is citizen of Denmark. I filed me annulment back home already tho but it takes time and we both wanna be together here already pls help an advice will be appreciated.