Forum Poland

Forum of expats in Poland: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN How to get confirmation of Citizenship for Polish Mother?

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Iza22, May 13, 2017.

1. Iza22

Iza22 New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, polski
    My mum was born in Poland in 1956 to Polish parents, she married my Polish dad in Poland in 1985, and then they both immigrated to Australia in 1987. She would also return to Poland every few years.
    How would I go about confirming her Polish Citizenship? She has a PESEL Number, her old Dowód Osobisty (which is no longer valid), her marriage and Divorce certificate (divorced in Poland in 1996), an old expired passport, and is Zameldowana in Poland. Are these documents enough or will I need to source my grandparents' documents? Because from what I can search on Google, it seems easier to confirm my citizenship than it does her's, even if I've never lived there (as all I will need to do is attach her documents to mine and my dad's birth certificate and not have to go through archives looking for ancient documents the may have been destroyed). Any advice appreciated.

2. Dorota

Dorota New Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English, Polish
    Your mother's documents are enough to confirm your Polish citizenship. Your mother has PESEL number which means that she is Polish citizen.

Best regards