Forum Serbia

Forum of expats in Serbia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Following your Spouse or Partner to Serbia

Discussion in 'Serbia' started by texkourgan, Jul 22, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome!

A common area of issue for expat families is following a partner or spouse abroad. These situations can put a lot of pressure on the individuals, relationship, and family so it is important to prepare yourself.

Would you move to Serbia with your family? Have you already followed your partner overseas? What fears or concerns did you/do you have?

What advice would you give to partner or spouse moving to Serbia? Do you have tips, advice, or experiences to share?

Thanks for your recommendations, tips, and advice! Other forum users appreciate your expertise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SaraM

SaraM New Member

City:
    Porto
    Living In:
    Portugal
    Nationality:
    Portuguese (PT)
    Languages:
    Portuguese, English
    Hi :)

I am Portuguese and I am planning to move to Serbia to join my partner.
    I would like to know how easy/difficult it is to find a job in Serbia (Nis) as an expat.

I studied Environmental Sciences and have a master degree in Environmental Management, and I am looking for job opportunities related to this field in Serbia, but I am struggling.

Has anyone moved to Serbia as an expat and were able to successfully find a job without fully understand the Serbian language?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com.
    In addition to our community on the forum, you might find help and testimony by contacting expat bloggers in Serbia: http://www.blogexpat.com/en/dir/serbia.htm

Keep us informed and see you soon on the forum :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lusilda

lusilda New Member

City:
    Novi Sad
    Living In:
    Serbia
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    polski, english
    Hi all,

I can see posts are pretty old, but maybe someone will answer :) I live now in Novi Sad (moved one week ago) and I'm looking for something I can start doing here... Now I feel pretty frustruated cause I don't know the language. I moved here to my boyfriend and I'm wondering if it was good idea. I mean I'm scared, I'm in new environment, he is my only "man" here. I am looking for some "space" only for me. I'm starting freaking out :) Anyway... do you have some pieces of advice? What foreign person can do here? Maybe there are some organisations which help us with integration?

Greetings
    Alicja