Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Documents required for Russian Wife

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Julian Hodgson, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Julian Hodgson

Julian Hodgson New Member

City:
    Barcelona
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Hello All!

I am a British passport holder and my wife who i married in Russia...Is obviously a Russian passport holder.
    We have both recently moved to Barcelona from Brussels ( we lived there for two years and she is a holder of a Belgian F-Card ) where I already have my NIE, apartment, bank account etc.

We have used an agent to take away most of the headache for us but there seems to be a 'Grey' area when it comes to the documents my wife requires when she has her appointment for her
    "Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión"

As we were married in Moscow, the wedding certificate is in Russian. We already had this translated and apostillised in French for the Belgian authorities, but we have been told that to get a Spanish translation of the same wedding certificate it has to have been issued no more than six months ago...problem with that is the russian authorities wont re issue a certificate unless it has been lost or stolen, and duplicates are a big NO NO..

Does have any advice on this or indeed is or was in the same situation as the two of us?

What do we need? How should we go about doing this?

Many Thanks in advance for your comments

Julian