Forum Hong Kong

Forum of expats in Hong Kong: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Are your homes ok from the super typhoon yesterday?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by krystal, Sep 17, 2018.

1. krystal

krystal New Member

City:
    Hong Kong
    Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    Hong Kongese (HK)
    Languages:
    English, Cantonese, Mandarin
    Hi everyone! Are you guys safe from the super typhoon yesterday?? How about your flat? Some of my neighbor's windows broke and the water is keep leaking in my house... and OMG the toilet is not flushing well!!
    so I need to repair my house quickly, and I'm actually thinking of full renovation. Has anyone tried renovation in Hong Kong? I'm googling at the moment, and I feel like trying archiparti. It has good reviews and I like their portfolio. Anyone heard of archiparti? Or do you guys have any other recommendations? Please let me know! Thank you so much!!

[MOD: Link deleted]

#1 krystal, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2018
  2. mio1212

mio1212 New Member

City:
    Hong Kong
    Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello, everyone! I can’t help but to share with you guys this amazing experience that I had!

I had to renovate my home and found out about archiparti, which was new to me. I reached out to them, and they turned out be more helpful than I imagined! During the whole process of renovation, they really helped me solve tricky problems. Being matched me with 2 freelance interior designers was super simple and easy, which was quite surprising. During the renovation, they helped me solve all tricky problems. They translated all those professional terms that I will never have understood. I changed my plans a few times and had several midnight calls, but project managers at archiparti were very kind and helpful. They visited the site at the beginning, midway and end of the project to oversee the project quality and schedule. Construction fee was put in escrow and passed to renovators only after those inspections, which was super safe thing to me. They also sent the photos of the site for me to check the progress. As a foreigner doing first home renovation in Hong Kong, I can’t imagine going through all those processes without archiparti.

I would love to recommend this service to those expats who are in Hong Kong and do not know where to start for their renovations!