Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Anyone work with Michal Wisniewski from Ck and Partners?

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by bluegreen, Sep 20, 2013.

1. bluegreen

bluegreen Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    I know this has been asked before, but some of the info is old and there were some conflicting reviews regarding his association with Charsky... so I wanted to see if there was anyone who used his services recently, and was happy with the quality of service. Thank you!

2. golden-gate

golden-gate New Member

Living In:
    Israel
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    English, Hebrew
    I don't know, but I worked with Mr. Wisniewski who guided my throughmy entire Polish citizenship process.
    Mr. Wisniewski DID NOT have any connection to Charski, whatsoever.

From my experience, he is very professional and motivated to fight in each case he represents like he did in mine.

I was out of any docs regarding my family's Polish-ness, but 4 onetheless Mr. Wisniewski.managed to do his best to ivercome this obstcale and succeed (and didnt charge me for any additional costs, in spite of the fact that he had no options but ones with high expenditude on

3. bluegreen

bluegreen Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    thank you!

4. bluegreen

bluegreen Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Time for an update; we decided to move ahead with CK and Partners and we are very happy with that choice. Michal Wisniewski and his partner, Piotr, have been till now very helpful, professional and prompt in all our communications with them. We are still waiting for the outcome (application was submitted, now we wait), but in terms of the service from CK we have only good things to say. My husband even traveled to Warsaw to meet them in person which confirmed our positive feelings.

5. gjene

gjene Well-Known Member

City:
    London, Ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi all

Has any one worked with a Roman Wisniewski? What was he like? I just started working with him and sent him what I had in scanned documents relating to my family. He thinks I have a good case despite the information on my grandfather complicating things.

6. charwilliam

charwilliam New Member

City:
    Tel Aviv
    Living In:
    Israel
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    English, Hebrew, German
    Hey gjene!

To be honest, I have tried contacting CK Law but never got a reply, despite many trials. Also a friend of mine was about to work with them but he said the prices were too high, compared with the competition.

We both went with Lisman&Partners (http://lismanpartners.com) and the people there were very professional and they charged a fairly lower price. Quick, easy and value for money. Try sending them an e-mail explaining your situation and they will let you know the costs and walk you through the entire process.

All the best!

7. uri

uri New Member

Living In:
    Luxembourg
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    Hebrew, English
    Dear charwilliam,

I am making research on this forum about the lawyers and one thing is strange for me. Both your post are advertising Lisman and co and to be honest both seems not to be objective. But I am going to contact "your company" and will check them.

U

8. charwilliam

charwilliam New Member

City:
    Tel Aviv
    Living In:
    Israel
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    English, Hebrew, German
    Hey uri,

of course it is not objective since I was their client. This is my opinion of them and all I can do is to share it on this forum. I thought this was the purpose of it.

I would advise you do some research on all the companies you may find and go for the best one. Lisman happened to suit me the most.`

Wish you all the best!

9. uri

uri New Member

Living In:
    Luxembourg
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    Hebrew, English
    Sure :) That's why you have provided the link to them in both your post.

10. bluegreen

bluegreen Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    For those who are following... I wanted to update that CK and Partners were successful in obtaining my confirmation. I got the good news a few days ago, and am now waiting for the vital documents to be processed. My husband met with Michal and Piotr in Warsaw and found them to be reliable and trustworthy. And indeed, they handled the process smoothly and responded to our inquiries patiently and respectfully. They know what they are doing, and are a pleasure to deal with.

I'll post an update when I'm actually holding a passport, hopefully soon!

11. bluegreen

bluegreen Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    As I had updated here before, CK Law Office Kancelaria Adwokacka helped me get my Polish citizenship confirmation in 2014, and did a great job. After we finished with that process, my husband began a second confirmation process - for his side of the family this time. His process was a great deal more complex as very few documents were in the family's possession. The only document that stated Polish citizenship was from a non-governmental agency.

Although the situation was unique and difficult, Michal and Piotr presented the case to the Polish authorities and followed it for over two years with, finally, a successful outcome!!!

It must be noted that the family had tried to initiate this process years ago with other Polish legal offices, but they had not been enthusiastic about taking on this case due to the limited documents in their possession. CK Law Office, on the other hand, was supportive and optimistic from the start regarding the case. They didn’t give up even when it got complicated and difficult, and in the end they were able to ultimately obtain a positive decision.

It has been a pleasure working with Michal and Piotr, whom my husband also met in person twice. They are true professionals who know the confirmation process inside and out. They are always available for updates and questions, they are reliable and trustworthy, and they really gave us the feeling that they were working with us all the way.

We wholeheartedly recommend CK Law Office Kancelaria Adwokacka http://www.cklawoffice.eu for anyone seeking Polish citizenship confirmation.

12. StevenW

StevenW New Member

Living In:
    Hungary
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    I currently work as an IT executive in Poland. I was born in the U.S., where I have worked for many years in the fields of management consulting and information technology.

I contacted CK and Partners in 2010 to inquire about obtaining Polish citizenship based upon my ancestry, as a result of reading an article appearing on SovereignMan.com.

I explained the details of my family background to Michał Wisniewski via email, including, (but not limited to), the following points:

1.) My paternal grandfather was born in a village near Vilna, Russian Empire (aka Wilno, Poland, and Vilnius, Lithuania) in 1897.

2.) I had but one document in my possession issued by the Polish government to my grandfather (in 1919). It was a Polish passport issued by an organization calling itself the Polish National Committee in Vladivostok, Siberia, Russia.

All of my grandfather's remaining documents, (a substantial collection), had been issued to him by the Russian government.

Michał was intrigued by my case, but cautioned me that the Polish Government of the 2d Republic did not begin to issue passports until 1920 (if I recall the year correctly). He agreed to review my grandfather's documents in order to form an initial opinion.

Verifying the legitimacy of the passport in question was the main task, initially. Officials in the Polish Ministry of the Interior had heard of such passports having been issued by Polish National Committees in principal cities of the world following the First World War, but they had never actually seen one until they saw my grandfather's.

The problem facing the Ministry of the Interior was the fact, (as initially identified by Michał), that the passport was issued before the law concerning the issuance of passports had been passed by the Polish government. Additionally, the authority of the Polish National Committees to issue passports was in question.

Michal explained these issues and made it clear that the odds against a positive decision were great. He asked me how I wished to proceed, and I asked him to accept my case. He agreed to do so.

Over the next two years, I received requests for further information, as relayed to Michał by a clerk at the Ministry of the Interior who took an interest in the historical background of the case, including events involving the First World War, in which my grandfather served in the 3d Revolutionary Shock Battalion, (under Maj.-Gen. Lavr Kornilov), receiving the Cross of St. George for his actions during the Kerensky Offensive on the Ukrainian front in the summer of 1917.

The story also involved my grandfather's service as a Serg't.-Major in the White Russian (Omska) Army during the Russian Civil War, and his education at the gymnasia in Vilna, the gymnasia at Voronezh, Russia, and the Agricultural Institute of the Emperor Peter I in Voronezh.

Michał did a superlative job in explaining the requirements from the Ministry of the Interior for additional information. These requirements included:

1.) Genealogical records for my grandfather's parents and grandparents, (in addition to vital records for his wife, my parents, and myself).

I hired a genealogical researcher based in Vilnius, and she found the old records in Vilnius and Minsk, Belarus.

2.) Naturalization records for my grandfather, properly certified by the State of Massachusetts, U.S.A., where he lived after emigrating from Russia. Also, a copy of his U.S. passport.

3.) Military service records for my father, properly certified by the U.S. Dept. of State. Michał explained that if my father had served in the U.S. military during the post-war period of approximately 1945-1950, (I do not recall the exact dates), my request for citizenship would have been denied, due to a Polish law having to do with applicants or their ancestors serving in a foreign, (i.e., non-Polish), military organization during that period.

My father's military service in the U.S. Army during the Korean War began in January, 1951, so I was okay. I interpreted this positive development as an indicator that my application would be successful, because my father's military service started just 10 days after that Polish law was no longer in force.

The Ministry of the Interior also required a letter from the U.S. Dept. of Defense declaring that my grandfather had never served in the U.S. military. This letter also had to be certified by the U.S. Dept. of State.

4.) A report on the history of my family. I prepared the report in a manner which emphasized historical events and special achievements in order to resonate with the interest in my case by the clerk at the Ministry of the Interior.

By 2013, everything had been submitted to the Ministry of the Interior. Michał had ensured that all of my documents were in order according to Polish law.

My case took three years to process, and the decision by the Ministry of the Interior was positive!

The Ministry of the Interior had decided to make an exception to the law in my case. The alternative, (i.e., to change the law to accept passports from the Polish National Committees of 1919 as being valid documents), was deemed unnecessary because no other examples of such passports are known to exist.

My application for Polish citizenship was extremely complex and groundbreaking, and would not have been possible without the high-quality and professional services of CK and Partners.

The story did not end in 2013. In 2016, Michał assisted me with obtaining my Polish passport in Warszawa, successfully dealing with small but significant bureaucratic issues which I would not have been able to solve without his help.

13. jmae

jmae New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone new is wondering about Michal Wisniewski/CK Law Partners, I wanted to add my experience. Michal worked on my case for close to two years, and then suddenly disappeared. One day I had an email saying he'd get back to me shortly, and then I never heard another word from him or any of his partners. I emailed and left messages both for Michal and on the firm's general inquiry line, and never got any reply. Short of some disaster having befallen Michal and all of his associates (which I certainly hope is not the case) the only explanation I can think of is that they decided it was no longer profitable for them to work on my case. Since they don't collect any payment unless/until they are successful, I didn't lose any money, but I lost a LOT of time. I ultimately succeeded in getting my citizenship with the help of the excellent Krystyna Duszniak, who is based in Australia. Although not a lawyer she really knows her way around the system and knows how to get things done. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to get Polish citizenship.

14. StanMik

StanMik New Member

City:
    Sydney
    Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Polish
    I submitted my documents to Mr Michal Wisniewski, of CKLaw Kancelaria Adwokacka, in July 2016 and in February 2017 I received confirmation that I am a Polish Citizen.
    Since then I have received a Polish ID (Dowod Osobisty) and have also made application for a Polish Passport which I will receive in 2 weeks.
    Michal Wisniewski has always responded to my emails in a positive way and on many occasions I spoke to him by phone and always received good advice. He is now processing a new application for citizenship of Poland for my daughter.
    I have no hesitation in recommending him.

15. 13monkeys

13monkeys New Member

Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    Argentine (AR)
    Languages:
    english, spanish
    I can absolutely recommend Michal and CK and Partners, they worked on my case in 2011 with a positive resolution and they are also currently working on my mother's and brother's cases.
    They have always been approachable, knowledgeable and timely. I have been recommending them to anyone who asks me how did I get my citizenship.

16. Loza Kemp

Loza Kemp New Member

City:
    Worcester
    Living In:
    South Africa
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English
    2018 has been a momentous and remarkable year for our family. We made use of the legal services of Michal Wisniewski from the Law firm, CK Law Office Kancelaria Adwokacka. What started off as a dream for myself and my family has become a reality. Myself and my two children are officially Polish Citizens due to the fact that Michal believed in our case from the very beginning and he did so much more than just help us in obtaining our Polish Citazinship. Michal gave us our Polish Heritage back.

Thank you will never be enough for what you and your Law firm have done for us. The service Michal gave us was outstanding and someone more reliable I could not have asked for. At times I would send Michal emails over a weekend, late at night and early mornings and Michal would always respond. Michal you reminded me what going the extra mile means. I am eternally grateful.

I highly recommend CK Law Office Kancelaria Adwokacka.

17. Billyschur56

Billyschur56 New Member

City:
    Wortergem-Petegem
    Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English
    I would like to recommend and give thanks to CK LAW Office Kancelaria Adwokacka.

Mostly, I would like to say thank you to Michal Wisniewski. Michal, thank you for making me a Polish Citizen, thank you for reconnecting me to my roots and thank you for making this dream a reality. I have officially applied for my Passport and in the next few weeks I will have a Polish Passport. Without all the help which i received this would not have been possible. Everything was made clear and my families case was handled so well for us. When I had questions of was uncertain of anything, Michal was always available and at reach. The committment you show to your work is truly inspiring and I Will recommend this firm over and over.

One more THANK YOU, CK law Office Kancelaria Adwokacka.

18. TS31

TS31 Member

City:
    Northeast
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, this is an old thread, so I hope someone sees my post. I was in touch with Michal Wisniewski at CK Law, who was most pleasant and responsive to my emails--that is, until I paid CK Law about 6 weeks ago to conduct a search for my family's documents in Poland.

Since then, Michal has stonewalled me: responds intermittently to my emails, says his researcher will conduct a search on a given week, then blames the delay on Polish holidays. My most recent request for an update when unanswered. Perhaps there is a legitimate explanation, but I am worried.

This happen to anyone else? Thank you in advance.

19. TS31

TS31 Member

City:
    Northeast
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    All, I must apologize. Turns out that Michal Wisniewski at CK Law did respond to my emails. His replies landed in my Spam folder, which I should have thought to check! He realized that I hadn't gotten his emails and wrote me from a different email address. He even called me from Poland. Clearly, he is very conscientious, and I'm sorry for having misled anyone or for having tarnished his name. I could have simply deleted my post, but I wanted to publicly correct my mistake. I will scrape the egg off my face now. Thanks.

20. TS31

TS31 Member

City:
    Northeast
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English

All, I must apologize. Turns out that Michal Wisniewski at CK Law did respond to my emails. His replies landed in my Spam folder, which I should have thought to check! He realized that I hadn't gotten his emails and wrote me from a different email address. He even called me from Poland. Clearly, he is very conscientious, and I'm sorry for having misled anyone or for having tarnished his name. I could have simply deleted my post, but I wanted to publicly correct my mistake. I will scrape the egg off my face now. Thanks.