Forum USA

Forum of expats in the USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Taking my prescription medicines into Florida..

Discussion in 'USA' started by WelshAngel, Feb 9, 2013.

1. WelshAngel

WelshAngel New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Does anyone know if it is possible to take my prescription medications into Florida when I emigrate. Do I need a letter from my doctor? Am I limited to how much I can take as I was hoping to take a years supply as I have rheumatoid arthritis? Any advice would be appreciated..

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    The Guide to Miami covers information such as this for expat life or travel. Unfortunately, it is a bit of an older guide (it will be updated in the future) so it doesn't have the customs section. Under the Guide to NYC custom page provids information on passing through customs, and a link to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (http://www.cbp.gov/). They provide info on "Traveling with medications and medical devices, such as needles or oxygen tanks" https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... medication

So you may need to contact the FDA about the amount you need to bring, but with proper containers and a doctor's note you shouldn't have a problem. Anyone have any experience/tips to share. Let us know how it goes and if you have any issues other travelers or expats should know. Happy travels!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...