Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Zimbabwe Asylum Seeker with Pregnant British Girl

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Emmyboo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Emmyboo

Emmyboo New Member

City:
    Derby
    Hi any help would be greatly appreciated

I have been living with my boyfriend for two years who is of zimbabwean nationality he applied for refuge her in 2001 and was refused in 2002 of which he has appealed twice. he does not have permission to work.
    We are now awaiting for the results of the second appeal and have been told this could take 5 years due to the back log.

We recently found out that i am eight weeks pregnant and although im overjoyed and it was the icing on the cake to our engagement, i am unsure and worried what will happen now as im afraid they may deport him and I will be left to face the pregnancy and upbringing of the child by myself
    :cry:

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    My guess is that he has a solicitor.
    Any new evidence if determined by his solicitor could be added to his appeal.Cases like these can take long time and cost money.
    Another option for him would be to go back home and apply from there.

3. foreignqueen

foreignqueen Member

i totally understand how you feel, although i have never been in such a situation i believe i understand how difficult it could be. going through immigration is horrible,its even worse if theres a pregnancy involved.

the truth is he cannot continue to hide as an asylum seeker especially in your condition. it would cost you both but if you guys are serious about being together then think seriously about it and make your move.

however, the fact that your are pregnant doesnt mean you should do anything you wouldnt do if you were not.
    most significantly he needs to stop being an asylum seeker! one way is to marry the woman he had been with for years and that is by returning back home...SA is very close to zimbabwe and its less violent there.

4. professionals

professionals New Member

City:
    PARIS
    Hi, he must be carefull of going back to Africa after being rejected. He might face more difficulties. After the baby things will get easier because the British authorities can do nothing to depot him. Now you need to get married, if possible. You can marry in South Africa , he is right and then travel together to come back, but its risky