Forum Paris

Forum of expats in Paris: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Workin' Paris

Discussion in 'Paris' started by Michelle (aka Mick), Apr 7, 2004.

1. Michelle (aka Mick)

Michelle (aka Mick) New Member

G'day all current and future travellers and expatriates out there!

I am a Aussie (Australian) about to embark upon the adventure of my life time and was hoping to settle all the rumours about the difficulty of finding work in Paris. So on a scale of 1 to 10 (with ten being cancel your ticket and stay home) - how hard is it to find work in the city of fine wine, fantastic fashion and fat filled patisseries?

[%sig%]

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hmmm depending what you are looking for. You should find some work in bars and restaurants. Also in everything needed an English speaking person (translation, hot-line...etc).

However, for a more qualified work, you should take some contacts before you go. Because you are not from the EU, you must have a visa to work, and the procedure is costly and you will require a company to sponsore you.

[%sig%]

3. suz_r

suz_r Member

City:
    MANTS LA JOLIE
    hey
    i am from newzealand and came to france 1and a half months ago i meet my french boyfriend in nz and followed him to france
    i havent properly looked for work yet but i know there are alot of english teachers wanted but i dont have the right qulifications but i will keep looking my french is bad so its hard for me to find work so my best advise is to learn is much french as you can as my boyfriend got a job through a temp agency and he is always getting phone calls for work
    cheers suz

[%sig%]