Forum Munich

Forum of expats in Munich: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Work in Munich

Discussion in 'Munich' started by FM88, Oct 23, 2012.

1. FM88

FM88 New Member

Living In:
    Portugal
    Nationality:
    Portuguese (PT)
    Languages:
    Portuguese, English
    Hello,

I am Portuguese and I am psychologist that works with children e adolesecents. I am thinking to go to Munich to work... I am wondering that since I only speek the basics of german, I could start working with children by taking care of them/babysitting.

Is this type of job easily found in Munich? How much does a people receive for this job? Since I am a psychologist do you think that it could facilitate the families wanting me?

Give me your opinions ;)

Thanks xxx ;)

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    A great place to start is with the expat Guide to Munich. We cover how to find work in Germany, learning German, and childcare in Germany (the Berlin guide has recently been updated and includes some pertinent info about Germany).

Hopefully these will give you a feel for what is necessary. I would also recommend checking out expat blogs in Germany as they are a great resource.

Personally, I know many expats are successful in finding work with children in Germany. Your profession as a psychologist should be quite attractive for employers. I would also encourage you to enroll in language school immediately as that will greatly increase your chances. Anyone else have tips or advice? Best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...