Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN What are our options - British citizen with South African

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by clarabel, Jan 25, 2008.

1. clarabel

clarabel New Member

City:
    London
    Both my boyfriend and myself are from South Africa, but I have a British passport, as my mom was born in the UK.
    Anyway, we are living in the UK right now, him on a working holiday visa. His expires March 2009, leaving him just over a year.
    We want to know how best to go about to get him toi be able to stay in the UK or rather preferably, Ireland, as we are keen to move there next year.
    We would like to get married, but it seems that he would need to go to SA and get a certificate of approval before we can marry. Or can this be done at the SA embassy in London, but what if we want to get married in Ireland? Would we need to go to the SA embassy in Ireland?
    It is all so very confusing and we don't even know where to start with all of this. If someone out there could give us a step by step answer as to what we should do for us to be able to settle in Europe. I am also pregnant with his child if that makes a difference.

Thanks