Forum New Zealand

Forum of expats in New Zealand: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN We’d love your help to take the pain out of moving to NZ

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by belonghere, Jun 24, 2015.

1. belonghere

belonghere New Member

Living In:
    New Zealand
    Nationality:
    New Zealander (NZ)
    Languages:
    English
    If you talk to people about moving house, let alone moving countries, the process is often described as stressful, painful, terrifying, lonely… the list goes on. Deciding to make a move, or even worse, being forced to move for your job, or your partners, can be hard enough to face. When you add having to pack up or sell your belongings, saying goodbye to your family and friends, finding a new home for the cat, leaving the comfort of your life and jumping on a plane to say… the other side of the world, it can break even the strongest.

Moving to a place where your language is spoken doesn’t necessarily make it any easier either… different words for the same things, different money, different transport, finding doctors, supermarkets, paying bills, finding tradies, schools, best suburbs to live in… the list goes on and on.

And when the euphoria of the adventure starts to wane, the stress questioning starts - have I made the right decision? What am I doing here? Why did I leave home? I hate this place, I don’t know where anything is, how anything works… argh!

Sometimes it is all too much, and we might not want to admit it, but who hasn’t had a solo teary eyed moment at some point when moving? We know we have.

Unfortunately, moving to New Zealand is no different for most people. We know what they say about New Zealand – untouched, beautiful, a better quality of life…. and people would be forgiven for thinking they were moving to a relaxed Garden of Eden where everything is simple and easy, and just works. But moving is moving, and no matter how awesome the place is that you are going, moving…. well moving sucks.

We have a solution. A solution to take the stress, pain and terror away.

We love this country, and we want others to as well, without having to stress about how to live in New Zealand.

But to make sure we get it right, we’re looking to people who have already moved to New Zealand to hear your views. We need your help to help others. So, if you have moved to here, we want to get in touch.

We’re looking for people who have moved to New Zealand (recent or otherwise) to participate in a 30 minute telephone conversation (or Skype call) to get your views on the good and the bad about moving to New Zealand. Hell, if you live in Wellington, lets meet up and we’ll buy you a coffee (as that is definitely one of the great advantages of living here) so we can learn from your experiences.

We’re committed to making the move to New Zealand as painless and stress free as possible. We know the pains of moving, but want to know your thoughts. So, get in touch. If you could help someone avoid one stressful moment, wouldn’t that be awesome?

Email researchforbh@gmail.com with your contact details and we’ll be in touch.

We are looking forward to hearing from you. And thank you for helping us help others take the stress out of moving to New Zealand.