Forum South Korea

Forum of expats in South Korea: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Volunteering in South Korea

Discussion in 'South Korea' started by texkourgan, Jun 28, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Volunteering in South Korea can be a great way to get to know a new culture and gain new skills. Volunteering can also be a great option for a following spouse that is not allowed to work.

Have you volunteered in South Korea? How long was your program? Did you set-up your own trip? How did you find your volunteer job? Is there a website or method you would recommend? Did you have to pay for the experience?

What activities did you do in your volunteer work? What skills/abilities did you learn? Were you able to use that experience to find a job or another opportunity?

Would you do it again? What advice would you give to other people interested in volunteering in South Korea?

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing information for others to follow in your footsteps! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DreaJ

DreaJ New Member

Living In:
    South Korea
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    I went to an orphanage last week in the Hongkik Univ. area, called Eastern Seoul Welfare Society, with a group of expats and military wives. The children there are newborns up to about 9 months. There are 3 large rooms filled with babies and they need volunteers to play with them and feed them. You can go any day of the week but they really need people on Monday.

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Thanks so much for your advice! That definitely seems like a worthy cause for people to dedicate their time. I am interested in hearing more about your experience. Do you need to register or be with a group? Is there a website/phone number/contact available for other interested volunteers?

I also wanted to point out the volunteer in Korea section in the Guide to Seoul. Organizations include:

....among many others.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I hope to hear about other opportunities from your fellow expats & travelers in Korea. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Savillamilf

Savillamilf New Member

City:
    Medellín
    Living In:
    Colombia
    Nationality:
    Colombian (CO)
    Languages:
    Español
    I want to be a volunteer but the information is so diffuse. I want a place to go and don't have to pay a large mount of money, because I'm giving my time for several months.

I hope you can help me with something.