Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN VIsa Options For Aus and Italian Help

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by shauns303, Aug 18, 2010.

1. shauns303

shauns303 New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Italian
    Hi i am an australian 26 year old male, and my partner is italian 28. We lived together in the uk for about a year and then moved to italy for 3 months and then did 6 months in australia where i remain and she has had to return to italy.

We are wandering our best options and when i came across this forum its a about as close as we have got to an answer. We do wish to be based in europe somewhere and if it means the uk then we are willing to do so. We have plenty of friends and places to stay in brighton uk and could quite easily pick up work but i need to be on a more permanent visa for this to work. We both teach languages and have other qualifications but work visa's dont seem to wanna have a bar of it. Typically no help what so ever from anyone qualified to give information, and are never willing to give friendly advise. I have learnt more and received more help from forums such as this one. -power to the people...

Anyways, not sure how to approach this, wether to just fly over there and then apply for either -unmarried partner visa- or the family one??? Which one suits us best??? Do i have to apply from here in australia or can i do it there with her???

Any help would be amazing.... Thanks to all the people who do reply and help others is simular situations.

Where would we be without the net and forums ay??? ;)