Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Venezuelan with expired permanent residency card URGENT!

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by DeletedUser, Jul 16, 2017.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

Hello!
    I hope you can help me. I am Venezuelan but got my permanent residency card in 2007. I've been living, studying and working in the UK for 16 years now, have been married to a British citizen for 5 years and have a British-born daughter. I am in urgent need of flying to Italy in the next 2 months but have realised that despite having permanent residency, the card in fact expired in February this year and I am unsure as to wether I would be allowed to fly out of or into the country in my position. I would be flying both ways with my husband and daughter, however after someoeoblems with the Venezuelan counsulate, my passport still has my maiden name rather than married name. If it would help at all, of course I'd fly with out marriage certificate, council tax bills under my name etc. I have spoken to different people at the home office and they have all given me conflicting information, we tried going through a solicitor but they couldn't help us find the answer in the end. So far I am petrified that I won't be able to fly or that if I do, I won't be let back in the country.

I hope someone can help, thank you very much in advance.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    In any case, you would need a EU Schengen visa I think to go to Italy as the UK is not member of the Schengen area.

And your second problem might be to come back to the UK if you don't have permanent residency anymore (I mean they have to renew the card...). :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...