Forum United Arab Emirates

Forum of expats in the United Arab Emirates: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Used car import: rules and regulations?

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by FredBR, May 11, 2010.

1. FredBR

FredBR New Member

City:
    Dubai
    Living In:
    United Arab Emirates
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello,

I'm moving from Louisiana to Dubai and i'd like to send my car (town and Country or Grand Voyager in Dubai) because I will lose money here if I sell it and I can put a lot of personnal item inside (1300 pd). But before sending it i'd like to know the regulations concerning used car. For exemple I saw that tinted glasses are forbiden in Dubai, but my car is sold in Dubizzle who can i ask to be sure?

Thank you for your help

Fred

2. SandraZ

SandraZ New Member

Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Tinted windows aren't illegal. You just can't have them tinted more than a certain amount. In the US I'm sure you aren't allowed fully tinted windows either (at least where my husband is from there were regulations on how much tint you could have).

FYI importing a used car comes w/ plenty of downsides. Finding parts for American models may be harder than say, Japanese cars. So if your car breaks down you might have to wait longer. Also depending on how old your car is, you might have trouble getting it insured.

Look here for more information on importing cars: http://dubai.angloinfo.com/countries/ua ... gister.asp