Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN US to UK settlement visa for my US wife: Feedback request

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by pauly1980, Nov 2, 2009.

1. pauly1980

pauly1980 New Member

City:
    USA
    I am a British citizen (as well US) and planning to return back to the UK sometime next year to join my mother in the UK. My sister, and her 5 year old daughter also lives with her.

My wife is an American citizen and we have been married for 4.5 years. We both have decent education wife (BA) and me (MEngg). Before we submit her application I want to make sure that her application is buffered to ensure we have supplied all the information required by the UK visa.

Accommodation: My mother will send us a letter stating we will be joining her. There are 2 bedrooms, 1 living-room and 1 common-room in her apartment i.e 4 rooms (excluding kitchen and bathroom) in total. Will this be okay for 4.5 people (my mother, sister with her daughter, my wife and myself) for accommodation?

Financial aspect: I will be the sponsor of my wife. I am currently working part-time here in an engineering firm in the US with income (after tax) of $1500/month. My wife does not work and we reside at my in-laws but we contribute for groceries and car, hence our expenses are only between $300-500/ month. In addition, we have around $20,000 in our joint US account and around £7,000 in my account in the UK; which I hope is adequate until I get a job in the UK.

I would appreciate if someone can provide us a feedback regarding our odds of my wife obtaining settlement visa. In addition, is there anything additional we should submit in our application?

Thanks very much for your help.
    Paul