Forum Immigration France

Forum of expats in Immigration France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN US citizen/student on UK passport studying in France

Discussion in 'Immigration France' started by Michael in Seattle, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Michael in Seattle

Michael in Seattle New Member

My US born daughter is studying in France from Sept 2006 to May 2007. As a US citizen with a US passport she needs to get a long stay visa from the French consulate in San Francisco before entering France. I've been told by the French consulate in Seattle that the the earliest she can apply for her visa is July 14th for her Sept 14th entry to France. Unfortunately the French consulate in Seattle is no longer be accepting biometric appointments after June 30th so she has to go to San Francisco to get her visa with all the expenses involved in airfares, lodging etc. As an alternative, and as she is a daughter of a someone who was born in the UK (me) she is eligible to obtain a UK passport.

Questions:

--Does having and traveling on her UK passport put her US citizenship in jeopardy?

--Can she carry both a US and UK passport at the same time i.e. can she leave the US on her US passport and enter France on her UK passport?

--Can she, as a US citizen, use her UK passport to legally enter France and study without having to get a French long stay visa (as if she were a US citizen).

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    1-NO
    2-YES
    3-YES,on the UK passport she can stay as long as she likes.