Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN UK fiance Visa Process

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Laian, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Laian

Laian New Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello,
    I am a US citizen in a relationship with a UK citizen (and resident). We are planning on getting married and living permanently in the UK. We have decided to first apply for a fiance visa so we can live together in the UK before we marry.

I have a few questions regarding the visa process, as some of the websites that provide the necessary information are not entirely clear.

1- Not allowed to work in the UK on a fiance visa. I am currently a graduate student in the US and earning a salary. Will I be allowed to continue working/earning a salary from this US institution while living in the UK under fiance visa status?

2- Do I have to prove that I alone earn or have at least GBP 18,600 or together with my partner?

3- I read that I have to apply for fiance visa 3 months prior to moving to the UK. Is that still the case if we pay extra for the priority/expedited visa process?

4- Complete forms VAF 4A and Appendix 2 both online and on paper. Once I have filled out the paper applications, where in the US (Houston specifically) do I send them to?

5- At what point in the visa process do I take a Biometrics appointment? and WHERE (if Houston-based)?

6- If the application is refused and we wish to reapply, will we have to pay the full application fee again?

Thank you!