Forum Immigration USA

Forum of expats in the Immigration USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Uk(f) Married to Usa(m): Please Help With Immigration Query

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by joeyjimmy, Jul 26, 2010.

1. joeyjimmy

joeyjimmy New Member

City:
    Ipswich
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi all!!

This site has literally hundreds of posts... So i am hoping that this one will get a specific answer! (information overload)

i am 28 years old, female, british. (joey)
    he is 25 years old, male, american (james)

we have been together for over 2 years now. On a recent holiday to the states to see james he proposed and we got married 2 days later! All very exciting. Have the fl marriage certificates etc.

Now... I just nee to figure out what to do next!

Can anyone fill in the gaps??

James is active duty military, serving at tyndall afb if that makes any difference.

We assume he needs to file a petition, the i-130...and when that is approved we get a visa #, and we apply for an immigrant visa?? (not sure of the stages, time frames, costs etc?)

thanks!

2. Ecrivaine

Ecrivaine Active Member

City:
    Chicago
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, un peu de Français
    If you husband is on active duty, he should ask his commanding officer about special immigration regulations that apply to military personnel. In the meantime, you can look at the State Department website http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants ... _1326.html , which can at least give you some general info.

Good luck.