Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Spouse Visa Refused !!! Can I apply for Judicial Review ??

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by romi.550, Jul 16, 2013.

1. romi.550

romi.550 Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu
    I was a student at University I really messed up with my visa n admission, i studied grad 1st year at uni, than i didn't paid the fees and my visa expired, i sent my visa for extension in Dec 2010 but they sent me back in May 2011 kuz i didn't had enough money for extension, they said re apply visa, but i had a fear of rejection so i didn't re apply. now i am a over stayer ... my wife is British actually we had a Muslim marriage (NIKKAH) but someone told me its worthless, well we've known eachother for almost 3 years, we have sent phone bills, pictures of nikkah n wedding to HO, joint statements her salary slips, utilized bills etc
    We Applied a Visa via solicitor on 1st week of July 2012
    Acknowledgement received on 19th of July 2012
    sent my English language test on 25th of July 2012
    Biomtric letter on 17th Sept 2012
    Biometric sent on 23rd Sept 2012
    And now just received a letter today stating that my application has been refused under paragraph 286 with reference to paragraph 284 (I) and paragraph 284 (IV) and I have no right to appeal. I'm really devastated don't know what to do now. Can I apply on the ground of 2 years relation in a judicial review ?
    ps had overstayed my visa !!!!!

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I am so sorry to hear about your predicament. You are certainly facing a pretty complicated situation. Are you already working with an immigration attorney. Obviously, this is an expensive option, but will greatly help your chances.

I would also recommend checking out similar threads on the forum with some personal information about the appeals:
    post70711.html?hilit=spouse%20visa%20refused#p70711
    post65686.html?hilit=spouse%20visa%20refused#p65686

Anyone else have personal experience, tips or advice? For visa options consult the Guide to London's UK Visa section or our article on Obtaining a Visa to Live, Study and Work: the UK. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...