Forum USA

Forum of expats in the USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Shopping in the USA

Discussion in 'USA' started by texkourgan, Jun 24, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Shopping is an Olympic sport for some people, while others just need tips on where to find common goods in the USA. Do you like to shop? What is your favorite part of shopping in the USA? What is the worst part? Where are your favorite shopping malls or boutiques?

What should new expats know about finding products in the USA? What did you find confusing to find when you moved aboard? Is there a special item you are still looking for?

Where is the best place to shop for groceries? Do you shop online or ship items from abroad?

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing information for others to follow in your footsteps! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sunconure

Sunconure New Member

City:
    Inverness
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    A smattering of Italien
    Most British items can be bought here in the USA, Some supermarkets have a section for British goods like Marmite and Branston Pickle and of of of course tea and spotted dick. If You cant find an item in a store there are many online stores that specialize in Britsh goods. However, I have yet to find a British banger anywhere. But hope springs eternal.
    Some larger stores keep British goods under a "Middle East" banner so look for that.

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Thanks so much for you tips Sunconure! I know people frequently struggle trying to find the products they know and love abroad and I am sure this is a help. I'd also like to point expats to the directory which offers services and sites for shopping abroad: http://www.easyexpat.com/en/directory/u ... opping.htm

Anyone else have tips or favorite sites?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...