Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN SET(M) Settlement Visa Application... How long?!

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Aleciarae03, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Aleciarae03

Aleciarae03 New Member

Hi there! I've put in a Settlement Visa application to the Home Office. As they require, it must not be put in any sooner than 28 days before the 2 year Spousal visa runs out.

I've been waiting now for more than two weeks and Am getting a little nervous for work purposes. Can anyone who has applied for this one shed some light on how long I might be waiting/unemployed[unpaid].

I'm guessing that anyone who has applied and was successful - has no more need for these forums... but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!!

2. newsman

newsman New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Español
    they give you a piece of paper saying you can stay in the country during your application... some people are saying it could take longer than six months... my relative has applied and their visa has now expired but they can carry on living on the current visa (as they have the piece of paper mentioned above) and i believe on the same terms (so working) until their application reaches a decision.