Forum Moving Back / Repatriation

Forum of expats Moving Back / Repatriation: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Rules of the forum Moving Back / Repatriation

Discussion in 'Moving Back / Repatriation' started by EasyExpat, Jan 9, 2005.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    This forum is for people moving back to their original country after expatriation.

It would be nice also if people could post here, there useful tips and information for people returning/planning to repatriate (do not forget to specify the city/country in the title of your topic).

Sites that people have found very useful.. Goverment, council, tax, driving... etc.

2. Maraija

Maraija New Member

City:
    Cephalonia, Griekenland
    Living In:
    Greece
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    English Greek Dutch
    Hello everyone I am originally Greek who had lived 25 years abroad and 10 days ago repatriated to my island of origin in Greece. The roller coaster of emotions is unbelievable. I am a psychological counsellor thus very much aware of the reverse cultural shock, grieving process etc. But still sometimes for the brain it does not make sense. Being at home and feeling as a stranger and feeling a different place as home !! It would help me to read the stories of other people. Sharing can give comfort.
    Thank you

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    I assume that the shock is even bigger due to the economic & social crisis the Greece has been dealing with for the past 10 years... :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...