Forum Croatia

Forum of expats in Croatia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Retirement in Croatia

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by EasyExpat, Aug 17, 2018.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello everyone,

Retiring outside your home country in good conditions is not a privilege for the better off.

If you stopped working and chose to retire in Croatia, what advice would you give to future expats who would be tempted to do the same?

Have you chosen to fully (or mainly) enjoy your retirement in Croatia, or on the contrary go there only part of the year?

Have you decided to settle in Croatia for tax reasons or to enjoy advantageous living conditions, the climate, or for family reasons?

What are the specific formalities to retire in Croatia? Is the health system satisfactory or do you have specific medical coverage?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice. :cool::thumbup:

2. Luc Vanden Bussche

Luc Vanden Bussche New Member

City:
    Brugge
    Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    Belgian (BE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, Englisch, Français, Nederlands
    Hello, I am looking to retire in Croatia starting november this year. The first year I might return to
    Belgium for 3- 4 months and after that I would stay in croatia full time.
    I already gathered some information and have choosen the Pula region to settle. My main problem at this stage is to get an idea of rental costs in general. I am on my own but would still like an appartment with a separate bederoom (not a studio). All the sites I have found so far are for holliday rentals and much too expensive. Can anyone help me ?