Forum Immigration France

Forum of expats in Immigration France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ FR Question regarding carte de sejour...

Discussion in 'Immigration France' started by shawnchristian, Mar 21, 2008.

1. shawnchristian

shawnchristian New Member

City:
    paris
    Not sure if anyone can help with but... I am an American who moved to Belgium 2 years ago to get married to a french guy (yes that's 2 guys anyway I went through all the paperwork and have a residence card in Belgium. Now my partner who is a french citizen, is working in paris and has an apartment there( we still keep our place in brussels for my residency purposes) I am going back and forth and no longer working in belgium.. Does having a residency card in another EU country have any bearing when applying for a residence card here in France? (Our marriage is not recognized in France), do I need a job contract first? or be enrolled in school? any help would be appreciated !

2. Highbuzzer

Highbuzzer New Member

You mention you moved to Belgium. May I ask which country you originate from? As I am an Australian citizen married to a Belgium citizen. We have been living in Australia for the past 8 years and now want to move to France. He has a Belgium passport and I have an Australian passport. Do I require a visa before moving to France?
    I contacted the consulate here in Australia. When I contacted them 6months ago they said no because I am married to an EU citizen I dont require a visa but when i arrive in France I need to apply for a "carte de sejour" to be able to live and work there. Then I contacted them 3 months ago to double check and they have said yes i need to apply for a visa before moving to france. I am so annoyed!
    I am assuming because you are married to a French citizen it will be very easy to obtain a "carte de sejour" in France. Also because you hold a residency card in belgium that will add validity to getting a "carte de sejour" in France.

3. Perth Girl

Perth Girl New Member

visa to move to France - married to a Brit in France

Hi Highbuzzer,

I am in a similar situation to you. I have just married a Brit who resides in rural France. I am about to return to Australia for work but then will return to France early next year and am trying to work out visa reqirements. How did you get on with yours?

4. John332

John332 Member

Hi,

I think as French spouse you always need a visa and a carte de séjour if you are not EU national. Normaly french consulate cannot refuse a carte de sejour to French spouse.
    For my own migration I was helped by this agency www.passporttofrance.com, they were very efficient.

5. A_fiona

A_fiona New Member

Survey

Hello everybody!

I am a belgian student in Bruxelles.

I'm studing the consumption behaviour of the expat et I need your help!

This is a little survey. Can you answer the following questions please?
    That will take you only 5 minutes!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=f … SdFA_3d_3d

Thank you very much for your help!

Fiona