Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Proofing right to work while waiting for Residence

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by kjfaughnan, Sep 14, 2005.

1. kjfaughnan

kjfaughnan Active Member

I am currently seeking employment and my EU spouse and I just applied for residence. What have others used as documentation to prove right to work to potential employers, while waiting for the residence permit/documents? Is it enough just to show the European law literature from the Home Office and evidence of spouse's citizenship/employment?

2. polskasweetie

polskasweetie Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English, Tagalog, bit of Polish
    Your proof is the EEA Family Permit that is in your passport. This permit entitles you to work already. The right to work is inherent from your marriage to an EU citizen, and instead of carrying your marriage license/certificate with you all the time, the EEA Family Permit in your passport is the proof.