Forum Croatia

Community of expats Croatia: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

Stay connected

Problems with accommodation in Zagreb (Erasmus+)

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by Student36, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Student36

Student36 New Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Polski
    Dear Users!

I am writing to you, because I have problems with finding accommodation in Zagreb. I am graduated in Serbo-Croatian Philology. I defended my master’s thesis in 10 january 2017. In the period 14.09.-12.11.2017 I am serving apprenticeship in Zagreb within the confines of Erasmus programme. I would like to accommodate from 12 september 2017 to 14 november 2017. In the beginning I was trying to contact with Students’ Centre in Zagreb and pupils’ dormitories(sometimes they admit students too). Unfortunately, they informed me that there’s no free rooms in this period, because the priority in giving the place of accommodations have these students who go for Erasmus on clases. In this situation I registered on website Erasmusu.com to correspond with the owners of apartments for students who go for Erasmus. I send them messages, but this correspondence doesn’t seem to create desired effect. They write me that all accommodations are occupied. Erasmusu.com isn’t only website which I use. I correspond with landlords who publish their announcement on websites like Home in Zagreb and Njuskalo, but they inform me that I can’t rent a room for period shorter than 4 months or 1 year. I would like to ask you if it’s possibile to find in Zagreb accommodation for 2 months for the period which I mentioned. Do you know somebody who can rent me a room in block of flats, house or apartament? I can allocate to the maximum 300 euros for 1 month. This price should cover other payments like payment for gas, payment for water…etc. too. I can share a flat in Zagreb with other person, but I would prefer to sleep alone in a rented room. For this reason I look for rooms which posess only one bed. It would be nice to rent a room which is situated in disrict Černomer, near the place of my practices(Ilica Street 253). Please answer.

Student from Poland

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Moderator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)