Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Preparing for a Job Interview in the UK

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by texkourgan, Jun 24, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello!

Have you applied for a job interview in the UK? The process of applying for a job can be stressful, especially if you are not familiar with the cultural and professional standards of the country. Have you gotten a job in the UK? Please share your experience!

How should an expat prepare for an interview in the UK? What tips and advice can you offer about the process? What happens during the interview? How should you dress? When should you arrive? What should you bring? How long should the interview process take?

If you are preparing for an interview - what questions do you have?

Thanks for sharing your experience, advice and questions with the members of EasyExpat! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Navneet Kaur

Navneet Kaur New Member

City:
    Delhi
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, I am Navneet and looking for an opportunity to work in UK within Insurance Industry. I have 8 years of experience in Insurance operations. Will you be able to guide me how can I get job in UK as I am currently residing in India. Thanks

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    A bit difficult from abroad. The easiest way is to get in touch with an Indian company working in the UK as you will need a work visa.
    You can find more information in our guide with our article on how to find a job in the UK.
    Best of luck and see you soon on the forum.:thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...